error compiling binutils second time
David Burgess
2007-07-07 03:32:29 UTC
In section 6.3 Binutils-2.17 at step "make configure-host" I get the
following error:

$ make configure-hostConfiguring in ./libibertyconfigure: loading
cache ./config.cache
configure: error: `CC' has changed since the previous run:
configure: former value: gcc
configure: current value: i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
configure: error: `host_alias' has changed since the previous run:
configure: former value: x86_64-cross-linux-gnu
configure: current value: i586-pc-linux-gnu
configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and start over
make: *** [configure-libiberty] Error 1

I tried `make distclean' and `rm ./config.cache', followed by a repeat
of `../binutils-2.17/configure --prefix=/tools \
--build=${CLFS_HOST} --host=${CLFS_TARGET} --target=${CLFS_TARGET} \
--disable-nls --enable-shared --disable-multilib'

but I get the same error. Any help how to resolve this is appreciated.
Vladimir A. Pavlov
2007-07-07 08:35:01 UTC
Post by David Burgess
In section 6.3 Binutils-2.17 at step "make configure-host" I get the
$ make configure-hostConfiguring in ./libibertyconfigure: loading
cache ./config.cache
configure: former value: gcc
configure: current value: i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
configure: former value: x86_64-cross-linux-gnu
configure: current value: i586-pc-linux-gnu
configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and start over
make: *** [configure-libiberty] Error 1
I tried `make distclean' and `rm ./config.cache', followed by a repeat
of `../binutils-2.17/configure --prefix=/tools \
--build=${CLFS_HOST} --host=${CLFS_TARGET} --target=${CLFS_TARGET} \
--disable-nls --enable-shared --disable-multilib'
but I get the same error. Any help how to resolve this is appreciated.
Have you tried removing the binutils-2.17 and binutils-build
directories and unpacking the source again?

The source should be removed everytime after a build. For example to
build a package you should unpack its source, build and install the
package, and remove the source and build directories. You cannot use
the same source tree in different chapters of the book.
--
Nothing but perfection

Vladimir
PlayaX